3/31/2005

Week Three, Thursday - Numb Feet

Foot rather.

20 minutes in, in the thick of my 17 minute stretch, I noticed my foot felt numb. It wasn't completely without sensation since I thought I could feel the banging when I landed on that leg. And, for awhile, I thought I'd be able to just sort of shake it around, land differently, roll differently, something. Usually when something hurts, that helps. I tried everything I knew how to do and it only got...numb-er. And my calf, mainly on the front, got numb, too. Even now, an hour and half later, I'm numbish. But now it's confined to my arch and upper calf. I doubt anything is wrong. Except for being numb.

Maybe my shoe was tied too tight again. As wonderful as these shoes feel most of the time, maybe they just don't fit. When I stopped to walk after 17 minutes and it didn't get better I cooled down and got off the treadmill to stretch, done for the night. I was really disappointed in myself for not finishing the workout, but the increasing numbness couldn't be ignored. So now I'm wondering...will I be numb again tomorrow? What can I do to avoid being numb? Can I run numb? Can I stop running now that I've started?

I have to go to the nutritionist Monday. I feel like I haven't done enough to make a difference since last time, despite the small achievement of lowered blood pressure. Humph. I guess 17 minutes of endorphins don't last long...

W5 - 3.5, R5 - 4.5, W2 - 3.5, R17 - 4.3, W2 - 3.0 = 32 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home