4/04/2005

Week Four, Monday - Stuck

The visit to the nutritionist was depressing, revealing that I had maintained the same weight since two weeks ago, since two weeks before that, since the week before that. She tried to cheer me up by pointing out that my body fat percentage was down again, but it's always down, every time, and makes no difference in the overall picture it seems. Sure, I'm thrilled to be composed of less fat. But I'd appreciate it if the recently vacated space would show up as a loss in pounds, a better profile or a faster metabolism. The way it's going, it just seems like my fat is dehydrated and thus, acting smaller.

I'm frustrated. That, and a whole bunch of other adjectives I'll spare you.

I did come home and run today, after a suitably lengthy self-pity session. In fact, I'm probably still self-pitying, but I feel less depressed having gotten in the run. I tacked the first and second sets together, just to see if I could do 24 minutes at once at the faster pace. My goal for the end of April is to run two miles without a walk break and I'm just a couple minutes from that after today. I'm proud that I can do that. Two months ago I never would have thought that possible, and now it's just a few days away.

So, in the interest of keeping it challenging, while still building my running muscles and avoiding injury, I think I'll take Week Four to build up to the two miles at the faster pace, adding a fourth day of running in. I don't feel as sore the day after now, so I honestly think I can do a few consecutive days. I'd love to be in shape enough to run/walk the Marine Corps Marathon in the fall. I'll keep working and reassess in May. Even if I decide not to do it, I'd still be healthier and faster for trying.

w5 - 3.5, R24 - 4.5, W5-3.5, W5 - 3.0 = 39min/2.94m

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger gvmtgirl said...

Hey thanks! That program looks great. I'm looking forward to trying it. Kepp checking in, I'd love to hear how you're doing.
Meridith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home