5/02/2005

Week Eight , Monday - Cramps and Chinese

Although I planned to run outside today and inside tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow and not so today. In fact, it's cloudy and green outside. I enjoy that I can change my schedule and run outside when I know I'll be happy, instead of having to hold myself to staying in when it's nice out - my number one reason for procrastination so far. This run was particularly hard (thus the breaks) and I'm not sure why. I felt my feet go half numb in minutes and they stayed that way through the whole run. My shins ached, I had cramps in my side, and I felt like I was lumbering. Of course, I attribute this to some yummy Chinese tofu from last night and for lunch (pre run) today. I obviously didn't drink enough water or give it enough digestion time. On the other hand, I shouldn't be eating Chinese at all...it's just that it's soooo good.

I kept my heart rate well into the zone, but I think that was because I had to work so hard in the last ten minutes of running just to push through. I'm glad I did, though. It makes me feel accomplished. I noticed at the end of the run that the wrist band on my heart rate monitor was much tighter than usual and, judging from that, I imagine that's why my feet were part numb. I'm swollen somewhere past the size of Goodyear's blimp. More water to flush the salt out. Watch me float away...

W5 - 3.5, R10 - 4.7, W1 - 3.5, R10 - 4.7, W1 - 3.5, R10 - 4.5, W5 - 3.5, W5 - 3.0 = 48min/3.26m/1.5% inc

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hmmmm. Hope that numbness isn't something bad. Maybe it was the tofu. Glad you were able to push through it. I always wonder if I should be pushing harder when it gets to be a struggle or if I am supposed to back off. Its hard for me to decide how I am "supposed" to feel.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger gvmtgirl said...

I think I was just swollen all over. I'm feeling ten times better now, though I was super sore after that run. It's funny, still finding out how you'll react to everything - food, energy, form etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home