4/18/2005

Week Six, Monday - Too Beautiful

Though I created this blog so that I could see my progress and have a place to catalogue accomplishments, I find the added benefit is knowing someone out there is reading and sharing their own running experience. I draw motivation from it, which is helpful on days like today.

I don't have a normal work schedule. My 40 hours happen in shifts, in a close, windowless space. My weekends come any day of the week, not always two days at a time. Today I'm off and it's gorgeous and hot outside. I got in a good workout in yesterday - pushups, crunches - and spent all day outside. That left me a little sore (in a good way) this morning, mainly since I've neglected doing any other kind of activity that isn't running. I know I need to strengthen my core muscles though, so I'm trying to add that in. My day off combined with the beautiful day and the unfamiliar muscle complaints made me less motivated to run. I did try, but after 15 minutes, whatever motivation was left evaporated.

I'm hoping to go with D. to run on the trail this evening. I don't know if she'll go for it, since we don't usually run together, but I thought I'd give it a try. Regardless, I'm sure I'll get some sort of physical activity in at some point today. For now though, I'm just going to enjoy the day.

R15-4.7/1%inc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home