4/19/2005

Week Six, Tuesday - Bike Ride

D and I went for a long bike ride (5 miles up and 5 miles back) yesterday evening. Long for us – probably a walk in the park for some of the hard core bikers we saw whizzing down the trail.

It was a beautiful evening, spring flowers making the air sweet and heady; the first of the summer bugs more interested in finding other cute bugs than in biting us; low humidity; and, a nice cool breeze. The trail winds through the heavily wooded back yards of large local homes. It peeks in on overgrown gardens, kids’ playgrounds, manicured landscaping, barbecues, trampolines, wagons, junkyards. It's wonderful to live so close to a safe place to bike and run and I can't wait to take advantage of it this spring and summer.

Biking definitely worked muscles I hadn't been using lately, but it didn't feel like too much. I didn't think ten miles would be as challenging as it was or as easy as it ended up being. I'm excited to feel my muscles get more and more comfortable. I missed running the entire time I was biking, but it was nice to cover as much ground as we did. Today, back to the strength exercises again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home