4/16/2005

Week Five, Saturday - May Goal

I'm still proud of myself for making the two mile run for the first time (silly grin). I think it's interesting how I was having so much pain in my foot and legs and back during the days I didn't run and now, after running again, everything hurts much less. I can't explain it except to assume it's because I stretch more often when I'm running and not at all when I'm not, so my muscles are tightening up. Doesn't really explain the foot pain, but I'm not going to knock it. It feels better, so I'm happy. Besides, I'm asking a lot out of my body by slamming all this weight down onto one leg at a time over and over and over and I think I'm holding up pretty well.

My goal for May is to step up my running to four days a week regularly and to run two miles outside. I know. You can stop pointing out my last few posts whining about running outside. I've got to do it since I can tell it will be better for my indoor runs, it's spring in Washington and it's beautiful, and my one bedroom apartment just isn't big enough to keep fresh and clean smelling when I'm running (and sweating) miles worth. All excellent reasons, I think. Particularly that last one. I'm a little worried about my painful shins, but I'm hoping to attend a ChiRunning workshop soon (thanks Jon at Chocolate Runner's Blog for the recommendation!). Even though it won't be before my May goal point, it's something to look forward to.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Glad those aches are getting better. I didn't want to run outside for a long time, but I was glad when I did. Running on the treadmill seems to make me ache more. Maybe its because the machine is holding the pace, not me. I don't know, but outside is definately better. And fresher smelling. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home