6/03/2005

Week 12, Friday - Sweat

I love to sweat. Love it. I love the feeling of slick skin and the pooling around my eyebrows. I love to look down at my breasts and see tiny beads of sweat popping out. I love reaching to wipe the side of my temple and feeling the squash of liquid against my hand. I love the cool feeling of water sluicing over my hot skin. I love the taste of salty sweat and sweet water combining at the corners of my mouth. A good sweat is the only reward I need for a run. It makes up for the sore muscles, the achy feet, the awful feelings that keep me from running in the first place. I'm glad it's summer so that I'm guaranteed a good sweat, even if it's just a quick, fast workout like today.

I ran 30 minutes straight at 1.5 incline which felt incredibly easy at the pace I was going. I tried to pick it up a little in the middle. Frankly, I felt like I was plodding, going too slow, tempting boredom. But the rhythm of my steps and the music allowed me to zone out like I can't do outside and the time just flew by. I sometimes forget how much I love running between runs. I love it as much as I love the sweat that follows.

W5 - 3.5, R30 - 4.0/4.3, W5 - 3.5 - 2.58m(2m running)/1.5 inc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home