8/27/2006

More than a year

I haven't updated in more than a year. In fact, I didn't plan to post again. I found the expectation to keep up overwhelming, especially in light of a year filled with not running. So I'll be starting over. The shin splints and sore foot are gone (you'd think a year of rest would do it) but I feel like I'm really starting from scratch. I won't be working shift work anymore which helps too.

In case you're wondering, in case you're actually still checking in, I was on a deck that collapsed last September. I was in a cast for the better part of the fall and winter and have only just recently been able to go down the stairs in a relatively normal way. It may be just walking for awhile, but hopefully it will eventually be running. Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Ok, you have an official excuse for not running for a long time. I just got fat and lazy. :D

We're both starting over. You'll be back running in not time.

Nice to have you back! :)

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you stop running?

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger gvmtgirl said...

I did. After a year of recovery, I had surgery in my ankle that placed silicone plugs into my talus and a titanium rod on the bone. While I can now do just about everything else, the change in my gait made the plantar facitis in the other foot worse and voila - I'm grounded. I've taken up carpentry. It's not running though.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger David Haas said...

Hi,
I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home